Milford Sound Day Tour From Te Anau
Flanked by rainforest and spectacular mountain ranges, Milford Sound is one of the world’s most spectacular natural environments. Our awesomeNZ Milford Sound day trips from Te Anau now depart seven days per week.
Our experienced local guides will keep you entertained throughout the day. Passionate about this part of the world they call home, they’ll provide plenty of opportunities for photo stops and ensure you have a truly awesome trip to Milford Sound!
Joining the tour in Te Anau, you will experience the beauty of Fiordland National Park, a region rich with dense native bush, lakes and waterfalls cascading from rugged mountain peaks. Our glass roof coaches ensure you don’t miss the stunning views as you pass through the Eglinton Valley with its ancient alpine forest and the famous Mirror Lakes, where we’ll stop for photo opportunities.
From here, the Milford Sound tour progresses through the Upper Hollyford Valley and past the stunning Christie Falls. As we exit the 1.2km long Homer Tunnel (drilled through the solid rock of a mountain) our tour enters the breathtaking Cleddau Valley and then descends into Milford Sound where you’ll board a spectacular 2 hour boat cruise.
Tuck into a yummy picnic lunch (included in your tour) as you travel the length of the fiord, keeping an eye out for dolphins, seals, penguins and other marine life. See natural wonders like Mitre Peak, glacier-scarred rock walls rising 1,200m vertically from the sea, and waterfalls that tumble into the sound from valleys high above.
After your Milford Sound cruise, your guide will be waiting to drive you back to Te Anau, arriving late afternoon.
This tour departs and returns from the Kiwi Country souvenir shop, located on the corner of Miro St and Town Centre, in central Te Anau.
- 10:35 am
Coach departs Te Anau
Travel along the Milford Road and stop for photos at selected locations
- 1:35 pm
Coach arrives in Milford Sound
- 1:45 pm
Milford Sound cruise departs
- 3:30 pm
Milford Sound cruise returns
- 3:35 pm
Coach departs Milford Sound
- 5:30 pm
Coach returns to Te Anau
- 1 hour 45 min Milford Sound cruise
- Glass roof coaches with FREE Wi-Fi
- Delicious picnic lunch
- Pick up and drop-off from selected accommodation
- Photo stops along Milford Road (subject to conditions)
With every cruise you’ll receive a delicious picnic lunch, including:
- Chicken and salad roll/vegetarian filled roll
- Mini savoury pie
- Fresh fruit
- Cheese and crackers
- Muesli slice
- Mini choc chip cookie
- Juice box
- Hershey’s chocolate
Your meal will be delivered to you when you board your cruise. Please contact us in advance if you would like a vegetarian meal.
- This tour operates seven days a week.
- Photo stops along the Milford Road are subject to weather and road conditions on the day
- Please note that while every effort is made to operate the Milford Sound tour in glass roof coaches, due to servicing requirements these vehicles may not always be available
Combos & other awesome tours
- 12 hours, 35 minutes
- Includes Luxury Milford Sound cruise & lunch
- Amazing views & plenty of photo stops
- Operates daily
- Two-day tour combo
- Includes Milford Sound cruise & lunch
- Includes bus travel to Queenstown