Milford Sound Tour + Christchurch – Queenstown Travel
See some of New Zealand’s most amazing natural scenery as you travel from Christchurch to Queenstown, and spend a day exploring one of the most beautiful places on Earth on a day trip to Milford Sound with this great combo deal.
On your Milford Sound day tour you’ll set off from Queenstown and travel through glacier valleys and mountain ranges to Fiordland National Park, enjoying the view from your glass-roof touring coach as your driver guide tells you about the history of this special part of the world.
Stop for a bite to eat at Te Anau, before driving along the shores of Lake Te Anau and into the Eglinton Valley, home to ancient alpine forests, massive waterfalls and the famous Mirror Lakes. Pass through the 1.2km long Homer Tunnel (drilled through solid rock) and descend into Milford Sound, where you’ll board a cruise boat and tuck in to a FREE lunch.
Cruise along the fiord and take in the famous sights and landmarks of Milford Sound, like the uniquely-shaped Mitre Peak, cascading waterfalls and glacier-scarred rock walls that rise from the sea. Keep an eye out for marine life like dolphins, seals and penguins during your cruise, and get up close to the waterfalls as they tumble into the sound.
After your Milford Sound scenic cruise your guide will be waiting to drive you back to Queenstown.
Your tour combo also includes a bus from Christchurch to Queenstown, travelling through the flat farmland of the Canterbury Plains, past breathtaking Lake Tekapo, and through rural Otago to the adventure capital of the world.
- 8:30 am
Day 1: Coach departs Christchurch outside the Bus Interchange on Lichfield St, near Colombo St CHECK TIME
- 4:30 pm
Day 1: Coach arrives in Queenstown at Athol St carpark
- 7:05 am
Day 2: Coach departs Queenstown from Athol St carpark
- 9:50 am
Morning tea stop, Kiwi Country, Te Anau
- 10:20 am
Coach departs Te Anau
Stop for photos along the Milford Road at highlights like Eglinton Valley, Knobs Flat, Monkey Creek & The Chasm
- 1:20 pm
Coach arrives in Milford Sound
- 1:30 pm
Milford Sound cruise departs
- 3:30 pm
Milford Sound cruise returns
- 3:35 pm
Coach departs Milford Sound
- 5:05 pm
Coach returns to Te Anau
- 7:35 pm
Day 2: Coach returns to Queenstown
- 2 hour Milford Sound cruise
- Free lunch during your cruise
- Awesome driver commentary
- Travel from Christchurch to Queenstown
With every Milford Sound cruise you’ll receive a delicious free lunch, served fresh and hot! Choose from:
- Pizza Pie (sesame and soy chicken with cabbage, carrots, garlic and ginger)
- Little India Meal (Turmeric and cumin spiced lentil and potato curry with steamed vegetables and rice – vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free)
Your driver guide will take your order on the day and your meal will be delivered to you when you board your cruise.
- Photo stops along the Milford Road are subject to weather and road conditions on the day
- Please note that while every effort is made to operate the Milford Sound tour in glass roof coaches, due to servicing requirements these vehicles may not always be available
Booking this Tour Combo
When you purchase this tour combo, you’re pre-paying for a pass which gives you access to these two tours at a discounted rate. You can then use the pass to book each tour on your chosen travel dates. Buying the pass does not automatically book you onto the tours.
At the checkout you’ll be asked to choose an access code (a bit like a password – it can be anything you like). We’ll send you a confirmation email with your pass number.
You can then contact us by phone or email to make your booking, or book the tours online by visiting our partner website, InterCity. To book online, log in to the InterCity website using your pass number and access code, then follow the below instructions.
To book your Milford Sound day tour and cruise:
- Search for one-way travel from Queenstown to Queenstown on your preferred travel date.
- Click on the search results for full details and select the Milford Sound day tour.
- You’ll see a link marked ‘Optional extras are available – please select any you wish to add’. Expand this and select the Miford Sound cruise to add it to your booking. Booking the coach portion of the tour does not automatically book the cruise – you must add the cruise to your cart as well.
- Once you’ve added the tour and cruise to your cart, follow the rest of the steps to the checkout to confirm your booking.
To book your Christchurch to Queenstown travel:
- Search for one-way travel from Christchurch to Queenstown on your preferred travel date. (You must choose a different date from your Milford Sound tour and cruise.)
- Select the available service and add it to your cart, then follow the rest of the steps to the checkout to confirm your booking.
Once you have booked the tours you will receive a confirmation email showing the dates and times of your tours, along with other useful information. If you have not received a confirmation email please contact us.
Combos & other awesome tours
- 11 hours
- Aoraki/Mt Cook National Park
- Beautiful glacier lakes
- 12 hours, 20 minutes
- Includes Milford Sound cruise & lunch
- Amazing views & plenty of photo stops
- Operates Friday & Saturday